Sober living locations can be a big help during someone’s recovery journey. Substance abuse treatment can incorporate many different levels of care and types of treatment, along with specialized programs and support. A sober living home is one way a person can help themselves stay committed to their addiction recovery efforts. At The Detox Center of LA, we provide comprehensive alcohol rehab and drug rehab programs for our clients. We know that it often takes multiple types of treatments for a person to successfully begin addiction recovery and we want to be there with our patients every step of the way.
Take a Tour
Why Choose TDCLA
Deciding to get help with drug and alcohol problems is a big decision. Finding the care that’s right for you can be stressful. At The Detox Center of LA, we can help. No matter whether it’s a residential treatment program for drugs or alcohol, an outpatient program with individual and group therapy sessions, or specialized plans like an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) or Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), we will develop a strategy that works best for you or one of you loved ones. This includes transitional housing options, too.
If you or one of your loved ones is struggling with drug abuse, alcohol abuse, a co-occurring disorder, or any other substance abuse or addiction issues, call us today. Our exception counseling and behavioral health professionals will guide you through all of the information and initial steps to get you started on your road to recovery.
Benefits of Sober Living with The Detox Center of LA
Substance abuse treatment takes effort on the part of the person dealing with their drug abuse or alcohol abuse issues as well as the counselors and therapists at a rehab treatment center. One way an individual can maximize the effort they are putting in is by making sure their environment is conducive to sober living. This is not always the case in a person’s regular home environment. That’s one of the reasons transitional homes have been established over the decades. They can help people struggling with abuse keep focused on their goals of a happier, healthier lifestyle. Here are some specific areas where a sober living home can help someone with their addiction recovery:
- Relapse Prevention: A safe and secure environment away from drugs and alcohol is going to help greatly with relapse prevention. Relapses occur when a person is stressed or triggered and taking away the possibility of easily accessing drugs or alcohol can make a major difference on tough days. Sober houses are closely monitored by counselors and no substances outside of approved over-the-counter and prescription medications are allowed. Being idle is another reason drug and alcohol relapses occur to people in addiction recovery and at a transitional home, there are strict activity and chore regiments to fill up the time.
- Transitioning: If a person has been in a residential treatment program, especially one that may have lasted multiple months, the hectic grind of the real world can come as a shock. Especially since before drug rehab or alcohol rehab an individual had been using or drinking in order to deal with the day-to-day stresses of life. By staying in a sober living house, an individual can ease their way back into society by going to work or school but can return to a place each day with some of the aspects of an inpatient treatment center.
- Independence: A halfway house gives a recently sober person the opportunity to create a new path in life. Staying in transitional housing allows a person to return to work or find a new job, go to school, exercise, explore their possibly new area, and take on responsibilities in life that they will need when they are once again on their own. Drug rehab like Anaheim heroin rehab and alcohol rehab patients who stay in communal living homes shop for their own groceries, do chores around the house and work together with other residents on any other household items.
- Life Skills Education: As part of inpatient rehab, life skills and coping skills are often part of a program. This helps with relapse prevention but also assists with getting back into society, too. Very few people go through life without interacting with others, and people able to deal with people on a regular basis is important. Simple tasks like doing laundry, cooking meals, cleaning, and maintaining a neat home are also part of the life skills taught and reinforced in a sober house.
- Sober Relationships: No matter whether you’ve been treated for drug abuse, alcohol abuse, or a dual diagnosis, there’s a good chance you were not alone when you were using or drinking. You may have even gravitated towards new relationships with people who actively abused drugs or alcohol. Staying in a halfway house can be the perfect opportunity to meet like-minded people who are supportive of your addiction recovery. Throughout any level of care you participate in, you will meet new people on a parallel path to yours and you will establish bonds due to your shared goals.
- Support: Recovery residences offer support in a number of ways for those recovering from substance abuse. First, there are always staff members and fellow residents around that know exactly what you’re going through. The rules of most sober living houses include going to regular drug rehab or alcohol rehab counseling sessions, which will keep you on track. Additionally, many recovery residences include some variation of the twelve steps, which helps peers support each other, too.
Why Choose The Detox Center of LA For Sober Living Near Anaheim
When you choose an outpatient treatment plan at The Detox Center of LA, you will have a lot of options regarding the specific types of care. By providing individual, customized care for all of our clients, we are able to help as many people as possible with their substance abuse issues. This includes coordinating a stay in a sober living home. We want to do everything we can to help each of our patients maintain sobriety over the long run, and transitional living in a safe, secure environment can be a big part of that plan. Our outpatient program options include the following, all of which are good choices to combine with transitional living:
- Medication-assisted therapy (MAT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Family therapy and couples counseling
- Holistic healing methods
- Occupational and life skills training
- Educational training
- 12-step programs
- Relapse prevention planning
- Referral to community organizations and continuing care groups, e.g., AA, NA, or Al-Anon
Women’s Sober Living Los Angeles
Recovery homes are often segregated by gender, although there are also instances where men and women do cohabitate. A sober home is meant to be somewhat of an oasis for people who are beginning their recovery and women, in particular, can feel vulnerable during this time. Sober living in Anaheim is available in gender-specific homes. Substance abuse is an issue for men and women for different reasons. Additionally, men and women react differently to drug rehab and alcohol rehab, which affects the type of support they need. By providing sober housing that is segregated by gender, counselors and house managers can more easily meet the needs of each resident. Sober living locations can be found throughout the city and our counselors and administrative staff will help you find the one that is right for you.
Men’s Sober Living Anaheim
Sober living homes in Anaheim provide the support men need to help them transition successfully back into society as they begin their addiction recovery. A treatment plan that incorporates a stay in a sober home can be an excellent one-two punch when it comes to dealing with drugs and alcohol addiction and abuse. Men who want to maintain sobriety while they get back into work and school after an inpatient treatment program can benefit greatly from the support provided by the staff and fellow residents of a halfway house. At The Detox Center of L.A., we offer levels of care that provide many different treatment options regarding substance abuse and dual diagnosis. Transitional housing can be another great piece of the puzzle when it comes to the road to recovery.
Aftercare and Alumni Support
Once you have completed a drug rehab or alcohol rehab treatment program at The Detox Center of L.A. you will always be alumni and have access to our staff and recovery resources. Rehab centers are always proponents of clients returning whenever they need support. Providing individual treatment throughout a person’s continuum of care is one of our goals and this includes helping with aftercare groups, and community organizations, coordinating future stays in recovery homes, and any other support services our clients need.
If you or one of your loved ones is struggling with substance use disorders or any other alcohol and drug-related problems, please give us a call today. No matter whether you are near Anaheim CA or are planning to travel or relocate for treatment, we are here to help.