Top Rated Prescription Drug Rehab in Pasadena
The Detox Center of Los Angeles is the top-rated prescription drug rehab in Pasadena California, because our non-judgmental, caring team of expert doctors, therapists, holistic treatment providers, and other addiction specialists work with each patient on an individualized basis, treating you as a whole person rather than just the chemical dependency on drugs and alcohol.
We provide inpatient detox and rehab programs for residents of Pasadena California inside our safe and sober recovery center, with all care given by highly skilled, credentialed, and experienced experts in their field. Our goal is to help you regain your sense of self, overcome your addiction, and heal your body, mind, and spirit through our comprehensive integrated treatment program. You will learn to change old habits, learn new skills, and become the sober version of yourself that you want to be.
We are part of a national network of rehab centers providing drug addiction treatment and alcoholism treatment. If you wish to continue on your recovery journey in outpatient rehab, we can connect you with centers throughout Pasadena CA and the country offering levels of care including partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient treatment, and other forms of customized outpatient treatment programs that will help you transition back to your everyday life as easily as possible. You may also be connected to peer groups, alumni groups, SMART recovery groups, and 12-step programs like Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous for additional support and sober community connections.
Take a Tour
Why Choose The Detox Center of LA
The Detox Center of LA is the top choice for Pasadena residents that are ready to take the courageous step in seeking addiction treatment for their benzo addiction. We understand the true nature of substance use disorders and that addiction can happen to anyone. This is why we support our patients from a place of non-judgment and empowerment. You didn’t choose a life of drug addiction, it occurred over a period of time due to unresolved emotions and traumas, and our team is here to relieve any feelings of shame or guilt about your drug addiction. You deserve a chance to heal from your substance use disorders with dignity and respect. Our team will provide you with a personalized approach to Pasadena addiction treatment that honors your need for individualized care and treatment. Our team is waiting for your call to be with you every step of the way as you heal from your history of substance abuse and become inspired to find your new way of life in addiction recovery.
What Is RX Rehab Like?
The first step in most people’s rehab journey is detoxification. Your individual treatment will depend on the substances abused, as each type of drug will produce different types of withdrawal symptoms. It will also depend on your own physical health needs, your metabolism, your mental health, your goals, and other variables.
The first thing to occur is a biopsychosocial assessment that will help us determine what your needs are when it comes to medical care, therapy, educational programs, and other treatments. You will then begin detox. In our detox programs, clients can expect to move into our residential inpatient detox center, living within the walls 24 hours a day and receiving personalized substance abuse treatment programs that include:
- 24/7 medical treatment and care, ensuring you do not suffer any ill effects from withdrawal
- Prescription doses of specific medications to help you avoid pain, anxiety, distress, restlessness, and drug cravings as your body works the drugs out of your system
- Behavioral therapy and talk therapy to help you begin the process of addressing underlying issues and overcoming addiction
- Holistic treatments to help not only your body, but also to raise your spirits and help you through this difficult time
- Dual diagnosis treatment for co-occurring mental health issues along with addiction treatment
- Medication-assisted treatment plans for people detoxing from opioid drugs (heroin, oxycontin, etc), benzodiazepine drugs and/or alcohol
After detox, you will transition directly into a tailored drug rehab program, in which you continue to live inside our drug and alcohol rehab center, with busy structured days filled with therapy, groups, dual diagnosis care, medical appointments, and other treatments. You will begin to heal the roots of your addiction, gain new recovery skills and relapse prevention tools, and work to overcome your addiction and move into long-term recovery.
When you come to The Detox Center of LA for a prescription drug abuse inpatient treatment program, you will live in a 6-bed apartment that is comfortable, with housekeeping services and in-unit laundry facilities. Your food will be prepared by a private chef with health and nutrition in mind, and there will be snacks available at all times. We have a basketball court, a cornhole game, movie nights, and fitness and yoga classes, and after a blackout period, you can use your phone during designated times. Your comfort is paramount, as we believe a comfortable patient will be more receptive to treatment, and will ultimately have more success in achieving long-term sobriety after rehab.
What To Expect During RX Rehab
When you come to The Detox Center of Los Angeles, you will meet with doctors and psychiatric specialists, who will work with you to create a customized treatment plan that will best help you heal, rehabilitate, and move smoothly into recovery through treatment programs and therapies like:
- Medical detox and/or medication-assisted treatment programs with medication management services
- Group therapy, with up to 47 hours a week of psychoeducational and process groups discussing topics like anger management, emotional self-regulation, denial management, life skills, interpersonal relationships, seeking safety, relapse prevention, and health and wellness
- Interpersonal psychotherapy sessions
- Individual therapy (one-on-one talk therapy), meeting with your primary therapist at least twice weekly
- Family therapy, if appropriate to the patient’s unique situation
- Holistic treatments like breathwork, yoga, meditation, and acupuncture
- Creative healing sessions including art therapy
- Physical fitness and nutrition training programs
- Dual diagnosis treatments (therapy and psychiatric medication) to help those with co-occurring disorders like anxiety, PTSD, depression, bipolar disorder, and other mental health conditions
- Cognitive behavioral therapies and dialectical behavior therapies
- Case management services to provide addiction resources, and help you figure out practical issues like filling out FMLA paperwork or finding a sober living home in your area to move into after inpatient rehab
How Long Does RX Rehab Pasadena last?
Each person seeking alcohol and drug treatment in Pasadena will have different needs, resulting in unique program lengths for each of our patients. Those with opioid addictions, for example, may wish to spend more time in our Pasadena drug rehab center for residential treatment as they begin their medication-assisted treatment plan, while others who do not have severe addictions or serious mental health issues may wish to get in and out of treatment as quickly as possible. We will work with you to determine your ideal program length and create a customized program to best suit your needs as you recover.
Our detox program usually lasts for 5 to 10 days and is medically supervised, 24 hours a day, safely helping clients through the withdrawal process, utilizing medications like Ativan, Valium, Seroquel, Trazodone, or Gabapentin to ease discomfort and anxiety as your body detoxifies.
Your inpatient treatment plan after medical detox involves intensive therapy over the next 20 to 30 days inside the recovery center, with group, experiential, individual and family therapy.
Once you have completed your inpatient drug addiction treatment, you may wish to move on to one of the outpatient programs offered by one of the reputable and trustworthy drug and alcohol rehab centers in our network. Depending on which types of treatment you continue with (partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, MAT in Pasadena, etc.), you may add weeks or months on to your overall treatment length.
Top Abused Prescription Drugs
When it comes to prescription drug dependency, the substances most commonly seen are:
- Opiates and prescription painkillers like morphine, methadone, Percocet, Dilaudid, and oxycodone.
- Stimulant drugs like amphetamines are found in Ritalin, Adderall, Concerta, Dexedrine, and Metadate.
- Barbiturates and benzodiazepine sedative drugs like Phenobarbitol, Secobarbitol, Primidone, Xanax, Librium, Valium, and Ativan.
Even when these medications are used as prescribed, the body may develop a tolerance and a dependence that can become addicted over time, requiring substance abuse treatment, with or without a slow tapering off schedule in a medication-assisted treatment program.
Methadone Detox in Pasadena
Methadone detox is an addiction treatment that uses methadone, a painkilling drug that relieves opioid withdrawal symptoms, with mild effects on the patient. When provided in a safe and measured way alongside behavioral therapy and other substance misuse treatments in a drug treatment center, this medication has been proven effective to help with opioid addiction recovery. It works by filling the same opioid receptor sites in the body that other opioid drugs would fit into, which stops painful, distressing, and uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms and drug cravings, allowing the patient to attend their treatment programming without the distractions caused by detoxing.
Methadone does have side effects, like lightheadedness, drowsiness, sexual impotence, dry-mouth, and stomach issues, and in some cases depressed respiratory function, irregular heartbeat, liver problems, and seizures may occur, and it is also an addictive substance if abused, so it is important to only use methadone in a drug addiction treatment and rehab program as directed by a doctor.
Why Choose The Detox Center of LA for RX Rehab
Having an Adderall addiction, heroin addiction, meth addiction, painkiller addiction, alcohol addiction, cocaine addiction, or benzo addiction is not a life sentence. At The Detox Center of Los Angeles, through trauma-informed, professional medical care, mental and behavioral health treatments, holistic recovery programs, and other drug detox and inpatient rehab programs, we can get you onto your own personal road to recovery. Our treatments are safe and effective, and with our connections to your local outpatient treatment facility, we can provide you with the full continuum of care you need to move into long-term recovery. Please call us today, and we will help you achieve your recovery goals so you can live your life free of drug or alcohol addiction.