Take a Tour
Sober Living in Miami: Choose The Detox Center of LA
Your addiction to drugs and alcohol progressed over a period of time. It is usually unlikely that you decided one day to begin intentionally abusing drugs or alcohol. Instead, your substance abuse developed over time due to underlying causes that are unique to you. To heal from your addiction requires a long-term commitment to a treatment program that includes a full continuum of care that will support you in each phase of your recovery process. The common steps for people in addiction treatment are to attend a drug or alcohol detox and rehab program. There are continued steps that you can take once you have completed these treatment processes that will help enhance your ability to maintain long-term addiction recovery. To help aid in a smooth transition from the structured, safe environment of inpatient residential rehab, patients have the opportunity to reside within a sober living facility. As you transition back into the community from addiction treatment, you will be presented with the challenge of incorporating the tools that you have developed to foster sobriety into your everyday life. Some patients may have hesitations about doing this process on their own and are seeking support in this crucial transition period in their recovery. A sober living home will offer you a safe home to live in that has support from live-in workers and counselors that will provide you with ongoing support and guidance as you navigate your new life in addiction recovery. As you experience any ups and downs of early addiction recovery, you will be able to turn to these support workers to help you move through any challenges and remain focused on maintaining long-term recovery. The Detox Center of LA is dedicated to providing patients with a full continuum of care that will support them in every phase of their recovery to ensure that they can successfully put their life of substance abuse in the past and enter into a life of sobriety that they have been longing for.
Benefits of Sober Living with The Detox Center of LA
A sober living home offers Miami residents a number of benefits that will aid in their recovery journey and foster long-term success in addiction recovery. Sober living facilities offer the following benefits:
- Continued emotional and therapeutic support: Residing in a sober living home will enable you to have continuous access to addiction counselors who will support you in processing your journey in early addiction recovery. Counselors will be able to offer guidance and support as you experience successes and challenges that will help you strengthen your capacity to maintain sobriety.
- Develop friendships and connections with others in early addiction recovery. When you reside within a sober living home, you will be living with other individuals that are also navigating early addiction recovery. Residents in a sober living home are often able to connect with one another about their journeys in sobriety and provide genuine understanding and empathy towards one another that creates life-long bonds. Sober living home residents also hold each other accountable to recovery by attending community recovery groups together such as 12-step groups or smart recovery that will keep you focused on your recovery and sobriety.
- Developing life skills for healthy, sober living. During your active addiction, you may not have learned or developed the tools to maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle. In a sober living home, you will be offered opportunities to continue to grow and develop the skills that will provide you with stability and balance in your new life in addiction recovery.
- Encouragement to maintain a life of sobriety. Turning a new leaf in life by entering into sobriety can be an exciting time but can also feel overwhelming as you attempt to discover who you are outside of your addiction and living as a sober person. While you are in a sober living home, you will have the opportunity to explore activities and pastimes within your community and sober living home that will help you reconnect to your authentic self and discover new passions in life.
- Support in developing a stable life that will foster sobriety. While you are in a sober living home, you will be supported in taking steps toward your future. This can include returning to school, finding employment, volunteering, or reestablishing strong, supportive relationships with friends and family.
- Strengthens coping skills for relapse prevention,- In addiction treatment programs, you are given a number of tools for relapse prevention. While you are in a sober living home, you will be able to put these tools to use and discover what methods are useful for you in overcoming any potential triggers.
Why Choose The Detox Center of LA For Sober Living in Miami
At The Detox Center of LA, we are committed to your success in addiction recovery and want to provide you with the necessary support that you require every step of the way in your healing process. While drug and alcohol detox and rehab are key pieces of healing from your substance use disorder, it is merely the first step towards a lifelong journey of living in sobriety. Choosing to reside within a sober living facility within our recovery center will allow you to continue with your transforming voyage of rediscovery and personal growth. As you lay the foundation for your new way of life, having the ongoing support of a team that cares for you and your well-being will help advance your chances of success and allow you to achieve your overarching goals of sobriety, health, and wellness. Participating in a sober living housing program will allow you to have a continuation of your addiction treatment care that will support you in strengthening your capacity to live a full, balanced lifestyle in addiction recovery with the confidence that you have the ability to overcome triggers and keep your history of substance abuse behind you.
Women's Sober Living Miami
Sober living homes will often house women and men together in separate facilities. A women’s sober living home offers a unique experience that allows women to come together to be a collective unit of support one another. Women are able to support one another as they have the ability to empathize with each other similar experiences that women often face including daily struggles, societal norms and pressures placed on women, and relationship concerns women often face. While residing within a sober living home, women are able to engage in support groups or therapy sessions together that help to bridge connections with each other and foster continual healing and personal growth. There are some women that may have experienced turbulent relationships with men, sometimes with a history of abuse at the hands of a man. Having a women’s sober living facility will help to create a safe, supportive environment that will allow women to continue to empower each other and themselves to find a new path in life that fosters sobriety.
Men's Sober Living Miami
A men’s sober living home offers a similar safe environment that a woman’s sober housing facility would offer. Men are able to have an environment that supports a group of men to come together and support one another in their shared goals of living in sobriety and working towards goals for addiction recovery.
Men living in a sober housing program together are presented with an opportunity to establish healthy relationships with other men who understand the complexity of addiction and the courage it takes to seek help for substance abuse. Men are provided with a unique opportunity to develop relationships with other men in an honest and open manner. There are often societal expectations placed on men that show emotion or express hardship frowned upon. A sober housing facility allows men to relate to other men in an authentic, honest manner that facilitates healthy friendships and connections that will foster and support each other’s journey toward sobriety.
Aftercare and Alumni Support
Maintaining a life in addiction recovery requires a person to stay connected and focused on their intentions of living sober and continuing to improve and reflect on her coping skills and tools for relapse prevention. Even after you get sober, life will still throw curveballs your way and there will still be ups and downs that you face. Having the right levels of support and a proper aftercare plan will allow you to feel confident in your ability to overcome triggers and stay true to your intention of living in sobriety. At our Miami heroin rehab, we want to ensure our patients have the ongoing support they need throughout their recovery to make sure that they are able to live in sobriety and have long-term success in recovery. Patients will be provided with opportunities to develop an aftercare plan that will include attending 12-step recovery meetings, continued addiction therapy, and alumni support. These support systems will offer you the peer support you need along with therapeutic support that will enable you to overcome any triggers and have long-lasting sobriety, health, and wellness.