Having Fun Without Drugs or Alcohol in Anaheim
American social culture has created an association between going out and alcohol consumption. For those with alcohol addiction, and working on their sobriety, it can be discouraging to return to their home and friends and face risking their sobriety in order to maintain a social life and spend time with friends. This is a problem, especially for younger adults in their 20s and 30s who are more likely to have friends who drink and party.
The belief that you need to be intoxicated in order to have fun is not true at all. In Orange County, specifically Anaheim, there are many sober-friendly places and fun activities that will even beat out the unoriginality of bar-hopping or day drinking. Just because it’s not Newport Beach or Corona del Mar, doesn’t mean there’s nothing to do, Some places do still serve alcohol, but they also specialize in alcohol-free options that don’t exclude those in recovery.
Contact The Detox Center of Los Angeles today at (888) 346-4350 to learn how to access our addiction treatment programs.
11 Sober Activities To Do in Anaheim
- Downtown Disney- This collection of shops, restaurants, and confectionary boutiques gives you the magic of Disney without the crowds and ticket prices. So close to the park, you can see the ferris wheel!
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes- Located in Downtown Disney, Splitsville elevates bowling with a retro theme and live music performances on Friday and Saturday while you play
- Voltz VR Lounge- This is what gaming of the future looks like. A video arcade with virtual reality experiences that caters to all ages. This location is also adding a laser tag soon!
- Mission Escape Games- Escape rooms are all the rage nowadays. This location has a spookier theme and multiple levels of puzzle difficulty so you can bring the kids or try to stump your date.
- K1 Speed- What two things definitely don’t mix? Drinking and driving so there’s nowhere better to have a good sober time than a go-kart arena. K1 speed is indoors and has next-level courses that require a driver’s license to try. They’re known for hosting corporate events and satisfying the need for speed.
- The Rinks- When they aren’t putting on hockey games, this ice skating rink is open to the public. Live out your romantic holiday ice skating date or test your family’s balance and coordination year round at this indoor rink.
- Thrill It Fun Center- Indoor ropes course, rock climbing, mechanical bull, laser tag, and arcade, this Outlet Mall stop on the way to Huntington Beach has something for everyone and zero alcohol is served on the premises.
- Downtown Anaheim Farmers Market- these centers of locally sourced food and health-focused products are great places to spend your time during recovery and enjoy nature. This one is open every Thursday from 11 am-3 pm and has tons of food trucks, fresh market stalls, and crafters to browse through.
- Anaheim Convention and Event Center- Every year VidCon is hosted here and other events take place throughout the year. Check the City of Anaheim Events calendar to see what’s coming up soon.
- House of Blues, Anaheim- Usually, music venues can be triggering places for those in recovery, but this location is so close to Disney, it attracts a family-friendly crowd. Enjoy the live music and Southern-themed dishes with friends for rock-and-blues night activity.
- Knotts Berry Farm- the less expensive and often less crowded alternative to Disneyland. This theme park hosts some of the best activities in Orange County. There are tons of rides, food, games, and themed areas to explore right in Anaheim CA.
Places like coffee shops and movie nights are also naturally alcohol-free. You can even go to the OC Fair which happens in July, or look up local events at the cultural center or Anaheim Center for the Arts, which are usually posted locally. Make sure if you are out at a place that serves alcohol, you are practicing your coping skills and have your accountability measures in place so you aren’t risking your recovery.
How The Detox Center of LA Can Help You Stay Sober
The greatest tool for those in recovery is time spent at a treatment center where you can receive consistent care that revolves around therapy and learning coping skills to help you achieve long-term recovery for the duration of your life. The Detox Center of LA is one of the top-rated rehabilitation centers in Southern California that also offers an excellent drug or alcohol detox program for those going through withdrawal. Participating in medically assisted detox can greatly ease the transition out of substance abuse by easing the intensity of withdrawal symptoms and reducing the chances of relapse.
Throughout treatment, the Detox Center of LA focuses on behavior therapy, mental health treatment, and the dual diagnosis approach to substance abuse disorder that has proven to result in a higher rate of long-term sobriety. This involves identifying and targeting any underlying mental health disorders that facilitate turning to drugs and alcohol as unhealthy coping skills.
If you or a loved one is struggling with drug addiction and would benefit from detox, residential care, or intensive outpatient treatment, reach out to the Detox Center of LA by phone or through their online contact form and a compassionate member of their team will walk you through the steps of admission, help you verify insurance, and answer any questions you might have about entering treatment.