The Detox Center of Los Angeles is a top-rated drug and alcohol recovery center for substance abuse treatment in Los Angeles, California. We offer personalized, comprehensive inpatient care provided by credentialed and experienced medical professionals, therapists, and other treatment providers.
Take a Tour
Why Choose TDCLA
The Detox Center of LA is a safe place where you can receive effective treatment for drug and alcohol addiction in Los Angeles, ensuring that you will get the correct types of treatment you need for your unique case.
- The Detox Center Los Angeles
- Best Drug Rehab Center for Los Angeles CA Residents
- Types of Addiction Treatment for Drug Addiction We Offer
- Inpatient Drug Rehab
- Outpatient Drug Rehab
- Heroin Rehab
- Meth Rehab
- Benzo Rehab
- Cocaine Rehab
- How Long Is Rehab?
- What Is Rehab Like?
- 12 Step Drug Rehab in Los Angeles
- Executive Drug Rehab in LA
- Breathwork Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Trauma-Informed Therapy
- Why Choose The Detox Center of LA For Drug Rehab in Los Angeles, CA
The Detox Center Los Angeles
The Detox Center of LA is the top-rated drug rehab center in Los Angeles, because we have a continuum of care that includes a safe and effective medical detox plan that helps each patient through their withdrawal symptoms, longer medication-assisted treatment (MAT) plans for people with addictions to drugs like heroin, alcohol, or benzodiazepines, and an easy transition into 20 to 30 days of inpatient treatment. We have case managers that will work with you to create an extended recovery plan that includes connections to outpatient addiction treatment programs and resources like an intensive outpatient program or a partial hospitalization program, sober living homes, family programs, 12-step programs like Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous, and other alcohol and drug rehab and recovery support.
Best Drug Rehab Center for Los Angeles CA Residents
TDCLA is an inpatient residential facility, meaning patients move in to our treatment centers full-time while receiving 24-hour care and support for substance use disorders. This is the best case for those who have co-occurring physical or mental health issues, and for those dealing with difficult withdrawal symptoms. Inpatient rehab is also beneficial in that it creates a physical distance from the people, places, and substances that would trigger a relapse, especially in those vulnerable first few weeks in recovery.
Depending on the severity of your drug addiction and the type of substance(s) you are detoxing from, you may require medications to not only help you avoid feeling the discomfort, pain, nausea, and other ill effects of withdrawal, but also to avoid dangerous health problems that may arise like high blood pressure, heart and breathing issues, and seizures or other irregular brain activity. Doctor and nurse care in our inpatient medical detox will ensure you stay safe as your body stabilizes.
Therapy, counseling, behavioral health, and mental health care are also provided as you detox and continue on into your tailored treatment programs. Dual diagnosis treatments for those with co-occurring drug addiction and mental illness are provided, treating both issues at the same time in an individualized integrated treatment program. We will ensure you feel safe and cared for every step of the way throughout your time in our Los Angeles, California rehabilitation center.
Types of Addiction Treatment for Drug Addiction We Offer
At The Detox Center in Los Angeles, we use treatments like:
- Detox with 24/7 onsite nursing and on-call medical doctor
- Individual therapy, meeting with your primary therapist once a day
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) programs for a safe tapering off from substances like benzodiazepines and opioid drugs, to help with drug cravings and withdrawal symptoms
- Family programs if appropriate to the client
- Case management with a case manager who will assess each client’s social support needs, help with legal issues, work leaves, and build long-term recovery plans
- Healthy and nutritious meals prepared by a private chef
- Nutrition information and health and wellness plans
- Interpersonal psychotherapy
- Psychoeducation and other evidence-based practices
- Behavioral therapy including cognitive behavioral therapy, cognitive restructuring, dialectic behavioral therapy, and emotional self-regulation therapy
- Holistic treatments like yoga, meditation, mindfulness, acupuncture, breathwork, exercise and physical fitness, experiential therapy, art therapy, and other creative endeavors
- Dual diagnosis treatment for people with co-occurring disorders and mental health issues like borderline personality disorder, anxiety, depression, eating disorder, bipolar disorder, and others
- 40 to 47 hours per week of group therapy like life skills, seeking safety, relapse prevention, and emotional self-regulation
- Connections to local twelve steps and peer groups including Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, and SMART recovery
- Personalized treatment from caring and nonjudgmental, accredited and experienced doctors, therapists, nurses, and other treatment providers
- An easy transition to other addiction treatment centers and rehab centers in Los Angeles that provide outpatient rehab as you move back home or into a sober living home and begin to take back your life as a sober individual.
Inpatient Drug Rehab
Inpatient rehab is any substance abuse treatment that happens while the patient is living inside the facility full-time, for anywhere from a few weeks to 90 days on average. At The Detox Center of LA, our residential treatment program for drugs and alcohol lasts for a minimum of 20 to 30 days, allowing patients to gain new habits and behaviors, along with a new perspective on life as they heal old trauma and emotional pain. New recovery skills and relapse prevention tools are taught in customized individual treatment programs during this time as well in group and individual therapy, treating addictions and promoting long-term recovery inside our facility in Los Angeles.
Outpatient Drug Rehab
At TDCLA, we not only provide a fully integrated detox and rehabilitation plan in our inpatient treatment facility, but we also have connections to several trusted outpatient addiction treatment programs that provide ongoing medication-assisted treatment management, along with the ongoing support and care you need for an easy transition back to your everyday life after inpatient rehab. Outpatient programs for drug and alcohol addiction can last as long as you need them to, with varying levels of care depending on your needs.
Heroin is a drug that can be injected, snorted, or smoked, and is extremely addictive. Common withdrawal symptoms include muscle aches, anxiety, sweating, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, rapid heart rate, high blood pressure, muscle and bone pain, and strong drug cravings. A long-term medication-assisted treatment, along with evidence-based and holistic care in an integrated detox and rehab addiction treatment plan will help you get through the discomfort as you safely taper off opioid use.
Meth (methamphetamine) is an extremely addictive synthetic drug made of harsh chemicals, with withdrawl symptoms that include lethargy, weakness, dehydration, muscle pain, tremors, jitteriness, strong meth cravings, hallucinations, paranoia, delusions, and meth-induced psychosis. Although these symptoms are not typically life-threatening, inpatient treatment spent inside detox centers and rehab centers is recommended due to the mental health implications and often extreme dehydration that come with meth rehab.
Withdrawal symptoms from benzodiazepines include shaking, anxiety, increased heart rate, light and sound sensitivity, and insomnia. A MAT program and 24-hour supervision during detox from benzos is needed as seizures and other serious health conditions can arise. Cravings and other withdrawal symptoms can return for months after detoxing, so inpatient rehab and long-term aftercare is recommended.
Cocaine is another highly addictive drug, producing withdrawal symptoms like paranoia, fatigue, headache, nightmares, restlessness, irritability, depression, psychotic episodes, thoughts of self-harm, and drug cravings. Therapy in an integrated rehab facility that treats addiction and mental health together is the key to quitting this psychologically addicting drug, with recovery tools and relapse prevention programs given alongside mental health treatment.
How Long Is Rehab?
In The Detox Center of LA drug rehabilitation program, there is an initial 5-to-10-day long medical detox, which will get you through your initial detox, and then we will transition you into a minimum of 20 to 30 days of customized intensive therapy and treatments for alcohol and drug treatment in residential care.
What Is Rehab Like?
In our drug rehab center, treatment plans are tailored to each patient, with comfort in mind. During the day you will live on a set schedule of group and individual therapy, mental health treatment, physical fitness and other holistic treatments and care, and you will be free in the evenings.
Your stay will include:
- Living in a 6-bed apartment
- In-unit laundry facilities
- Housekeeping services
- Meals cooked by a private chef
- Snacks available at all times
- Access to an outside lounge area, basketball court, and cornhole game
- fitness and yoga classes
- movie nights
- Caring staff at all levels, keeping your program consistent and ensuring all your needs are met
- Phone access allowed at designated times
12 Step Drug Rehab in Los Angeles
12-step programs have patients acknowledge their lack of power over compulsive behavior, help them take stock of their life, and recognize a higher power that can help. Sponsors and other peer support are provided, and the 12 steps act as guidelines to follow. These programs have a proven success rate, by incorporating spirituality into addiction treatment.
Executive Drug Rehab in LA
People in high-level careers, with high-stress and fast-paced jobs may feel burdened by the weight of their company on their shoulders, or that they do not have the time to go away to a recovery center for addiction treatment, even if they really need it. At TDCLA, we offer connections to outpatient rehab programs that can be customized to take place around work schedules, travel, and meetings, allowing patients to get the substance abuse treatment they need without jeopardizing their reputation or career.
Breathwork is a breathing exercise used for improving mental clarity, along with physical and spiritual wellness, by changing the breathing pattern in an intentional way. Breathwork promotes deep relaxation for some people and leaves others feeling energized, and is used to improve overall mental health.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) focuses on developing practical tools patients can use to recognize and change unhelpful thoughts and behavioral patterns that contribute to anxiety, stress, and addiction. Patients find new ways to cope with stress and understand the reasons for their addiction, re-training the brain to avoid negative behaviors.
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
Dialectical behavioral therapy uses mindfulness, distress tolerance, and emotional regulation, emphasizing the psychosocial reasons behind addiction. Clients in detox centers and rehab centers that use DBT will learn to replace negative behaviors with positive ones, understanding the social and emotional reasons behind their self-destructive substance abuse, and work to change their stress responses.
Family Systems Therapy
Family systems therapy posits that behavior is informed by the patient’s family, and that everybody is affected by and inseparable from their family relationships. This therapy addresses the patient’s inner psyche to generate change in relationships and other aspects of life through structural family therapy, strategic family therapy, and intergenerational family therapy in inpatient and outpatient treatment for drug and alcohol rehab.
Trauma-informed therapy acknowledges that a person’s past and present experiences will affect the way they perceive the world, especially if a traumatic incident has taken place in their life. Care providers using trauma-informed methodologies will know the signs of trauma and work to ensure the patient feels safe by:
- Promoting client empowerment
- Keeping communication clear and answering any questions honestly
- Getting consent before touching the client or administering care or addiction medicine
- Building trust with the client
- Using transparent and open decision making
Why Choose The Detox Center of LA For Drug Rehab in Los Angeles, CA
At The Detox Center of LA, we tailor your inpatient detox and rehab program to best suit your individual needs, providing care in a comfortable and professional environment where you will feel welcome and safe. Our team is highly educated, licensed, and credentialed, and we will ensure you get proper evidence-based treatment, along with holistic care in an integrated plan designed to treat you as a whole person, not just “an addict”.
Your overall wellness and long-term success in recovery are important to us, and if you need both residential and outpatient treatment, we can refer you to a nearby outpatient rehab center. For more information on inpatient detox, medication-assisted treatment, residential rehab, or to verify your insurance coverage, contact us today. We are here to help you.