Living with addiction is a reality that has swept the nation and resides in cities coast to coast. Regardless of where you are, there is a high chance of access to drugs of any kind at any time. As substances become more common and easily accessible, communities begin to experience addiction as a whole rather than the case to case basis of individuals. Whether you are personally affected by substance abuse or not, the widespread epidemic of addiction is quite clear.
Contact The Detox Center of Los Angeles today at (888) 346-4350 to learn how to access our addiction treatment programs.
For an individual experiencing substance abuse it can feel as though reality exists in a tunnel—connecting you from point a to point b in survival mode—every day. Yet, it is important to recognize that each tunnel is part of a bigger system and that system affects the whole community. It is not simply the responsibility of the individual experiencing addiction to seek support, the system as a whole needs to be repaired.
Addiction treatment in Anaheim is essential in contributing to the continued prosperity of the city and the safety of the community. The National Institute on Drug Abuse suggests that communities work together to devise a well-constructed plan that suits their specific needs. Anaheim must continue to evaluate, communicate, and dedicate attention to addressing addiction-related issues in their neighborhoods and The Detox Center of Los Angeles is here to support them along the way.
Anaheim Addiction Rates
Anaheim is a city in California best known for its Disneyland Resort and professional sports teams. With a family-friendly atmosphere and beautiful weather, it belongs to the second largest region in the United States— the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area. Taking into consideration the high density population and heavy flow of visitors, it comes as no surprise that the city has a long history of drug and substance abuse.
Throughout the years, Anaheim has kept on trend with national drug use patterns experiencing both drug use and overdose deaths on the rise. When exploring some of the contributors to these patterns, prescription drugs must be addressed. The following list contains some of the top prescribed drugs in the area:
- Hydrocodone: used to treat pain and a cough suppressant
- Oxycodone: a semi-synthetic opioid used for treating moderate to severe pain
- Morphine: a strong opiate used for pain management
- Methadone: used for both pain relief and treating addiction
- Hydromorphone: an opioid used for pain relief and may be prescribed to long-term cancer patients
Along with prescription drugs, substances including heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine, and fentanyl can be found circulating the communities of Anaheim and others nationwide. Whether prescribed or illegal, it is imperative that addiction treatment in Anaheim continue to stay up to date, informed, and accessible.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs in Anaheim
When seeking addiction treatment in Anaheim, population density increases the number of facilities and services available. For those experiencing addiction, it can often be difficult to attend or seek help in the same location that exposed them to the substance in the first place. The Detox Center of LA and its network provide members of the Anaheim community with the full continuum of care including:
- Medical Detox
- Residential/Inpatient Rehab
- Outpatient Rehab
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHPs)
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs)
- Telehealth/Virtual Care
- Psychiatric and Therapeutic Services
As with any recovery program, the services used and facilities best suited for your needs will be dependent upon many factors—substance or substances used, dependence upon the substance, and underlying health or mental health conditions.
Drug and Alcohol Detox in Anaheim
Medical detox from drugs and alcohol is an essential step in the recovery process. While it is not applicable in every case, it is highly recommended to begin with detox if you feel you are highly dependent on your addiction. This process is not one to be taken lightly and is best pursued with medical professionals by your side. During detox, one can expect to experience some of the following symptoms:
- Body pain
- Changes in appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Leg cramps
The length of detox will vary case by case, however, you can expect to begin experiencing symptoms as quickly as 8 hours from last drug use. Symptoms may last a few days or a few weeks with their peak presenting within 72 to 96 hours. During this time, it is crucial to maintain honesty with your medical team in order to receive the best possible care. Although you will be monitored 24/7, communicating your needs will alleviate any unnecessary discomfort throughout the detox process.
Support Groups for Addiction in Anaheim, CA
While transformative, medical detox and rehabilitation programs are only one piece of the puzzle when living a life of recovery. An individual can receive top medical care at the highest rated facilities, though without a system of support can easily stumble back into old patterns and behaviors. In Anaheim, CA, persons seeking a permanent change in their experience with addiction can look to join any of the following groups:
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) is a free support group that is composed of and led by individuals who have the desire to live free of their alcohol dependency. They follow the 12-step program and offer a variety of group meetings daily.
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA), similar to AA, is also a group that follows a 12-step program seeking to stop substance abuse. They offer daily peer-led meetings at various times and locations.
- Cocaine Anonymous (CA) and Marijuana Anonymous (MA) both follow suit with the AA and NA frameworks specializing in their respective substances.
- Secular Organizations for Sobriety (SOS) is a mutual-help group model that is not 12-step based.14 In contrast to the 12-step framework, SOS emphasizes the use of personal empowerment rather than the incorporation of spirituality or a higher power in recovery. The organization also addresses a variety of addictions including compulsive behaviors, food addictions, etc.
- Self-Management and Recovery Training (SMART) offers similar group-style meetings through a science-based, self-empowering system. It does not use labels such as addict or alcoholic and focuses on the present and future rather than the past. SMART is interested in setting goals and promoting healthy behavioral changes.
Regardless of the support group you choose, it is critical that you make a decision that feels best for you. It can often feel disorienting and lonely in addiction—recovery doesn’t have to be.
Help for Drug and Alcohol Addiction at The Detox Center of LA
When addressing addiction and seeking addiction treatment in Anaheim, The Detox Center of Los Angeles has everything you need. With top medical staff and a network of facilities, there are programs and services designed for everyone. TDCLA offers a wide range of detox, inpatient/outpatient, and aftercare options involving medical, psychiatric, and therapeutic services.
At The Detox Center of Los Angeles, we work hard to ensure that your safety, comfort, and stability are our number one priorities. We understand the uncertainty and doubt that comes with seeking help and applaud your strength and desire to fight for the life you deserve. Choosing to battle addiction and substance abuse is one that takes courage. At TDCLA, we are committed to fighting with you and providing everything you need to become who you are meant to be.